Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!!


We had a wonderful Valentines Holiday!




It all started Wednesday with the cute little Valentines we made for Jake and Brody's classmates. I got the idea from my crafty sister-in-law Amanda! We stapled 2 Twizzlers to a 3x3 piece of printed valentine paper, folded in 1/2. Then we wrote "WE"RE TWO OF A KIND" on them and put stickers all over. They turned out really cute. The best part is the boys and I really had fun making them together!








Later that night I had to help Brody make his Valentine Mail BOX! That wasn't as fun!! Brody wanted me to make him a robot mail box like a boy in his class. Whatever.. copy a boy in his class. I think NOT! I spent a few minutes on google. Nothing! So... we decided to make a CAR mail box out of the Twizzler tub. I spent a couple hours on that baby! I put K-NEX wheels on it so it would really roll. Then we hot glued a power ranger on it. My favorite touch was the wire antenna with the heart on the top of it. I have to say it turned out pretty awesome!




Thursday morning rolled around and on the way to school I had to make a quick stop at Walgreen's so Pickle could pick up his Valentines Present for his chic. I can't believe this is actually happening to ME! I'm not my baby's sweetie anymore! I've been replaced. When I picked him up from school I asked him "did you at least get some good kisses"? He replied with a smile "Maybe"! Hello..... YUCK!!!









On Thursday I also decided to make Kenzie a Valentine's outfit and hair bows. I went to Hancock Fabric and Hobby Lobby.(my favorite places) It took me about a hour! Doesn't she look so cute!!




Guess What?!?! I had to go by ANOTHER Valentines present for Jake's sweetie. The 1st thing he picked out was the Biggest bear they had at Target! I hated to bust his bubble, but... a $20 bear for his chic. NO WAY!!! We settled on the $10 one and a bouquet of rose suckers. When I picked him up. I asked him "did you at least get so sweet kisses"? He replied "MOM!! I'm 10!!!" That made my day!



Friday the kids and I blew up Balloons for Oscie! This is when I took these pictures. Dylan is such a trooper posing for me! I did spare him the embarrassment of not posting the one's with him kissing me on the cheek:)




We delivered Oscie his balloons and a Giant Cookie to his work! It was fun for the kids to surprise there daddy!!








My hubby let me sleep in for Valentine's Day, while he went into the cold for baseball tryouts!! Yea!! I woke up to roses and a sweet card! It's so nice to know your loved! Later we all went to the movie and just enjoyed each other! Valentine's night I gave all my kids a small gift to keep them entertained :) while me and Oscie went on a date. He talked me into an adventurous way of choosing a restaurant. The game goes like this.......You drive around and count restaurants. You keep counting until you hit 50 and that is where you stop and eat. Regardless of where it is. Fast food included! This was a little risky on Valentine's night. But it worked out to be Red Lobster. Oscar and I were sweating it for a little bit!!!!!



The evening ended like this......Nice romantic dinner, kids asleep, no distractions or parental duties, and YADDA, YADDA, YADDA. ;o).




















2 comments:

Amanda said...

I cannot believe that you actually copied a crafty idea from ME!! Whoo-hoo!!! I am really moving up in this world!
Glad you and your family had such an awesome Valentine's experience - ours was not so great. :-( Matt spent the day in the bathroom, throwing up and (yada yada yada.) Maybe next year. . .

Anonymous said...

Mindy and Oscar. I LOVE!! your little family and this Blog. It helps to know that someone is doing something right with their family. You are wonderful. Thanks for including me.

Love,
Mary Kay