Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dylan

Dylan went on the "Trek" this summer. For those of you who don't know what the Trek is. It is a way to follow the experiences of the early Saints and connect with our spiritual heritage. On the Trek they try to reenact a small part of the journey the pioneers went through to establish the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Salt Lake Valley. This experience we so good for him. When we picked him up he was covered in black dirt which made his teeth looked so white. After our hello's and good bye's we loaded in the car and I asked him how his trip was. He said "It was awesome!!" then he proceeded to tell us how much he loved us as he began to cry. He changed up on that mountain. He had changed for the better! It was one of those mother moments for me that I will never forget!! I realized that my baby had gotten "it". It meaning knowing the gospel was true, knowing how important family was. It meaning realizing how much our ancestors went through to restore the gospel and how to love and except everyone for who they are. What a good feeling to know that my baby understood.
Dylan with his good friend Becka "Good and Filthy"!!!!


Taking a break!



Pioneer Children Sang as they walked and walked and walked!




TREK 2010





Yes... It's is official!! Dylan is a driver!! I didn't think he would live to even take the test but I was wrong!! lol Next time you see him you will have to ask him about the "old lady" he back into in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Good Times, Good Times!!!







Patiently waiting!!

























The big smiles are because he is happy to be an official driver and I don't have to be his chauffeur anymore!! Yippee!!

No comments: